Rob Moyle, CEO of Collegiate AC, shares his journey in hospitality and student accommodation with Guy Westlake, founder of Lavanda.
Rob Moyle is CEO of Collegiate AC, one of the UK’s leading PBSA operators. He has over 32 years of operational management experience gained working in Australia, UK and USA. In a trend that’s increasingly common, his career has spanned both the hospitality and student accommodation sectors, featuring senior roles at Wyndham, Campus Living Villages (CLV) and Arlington Advisors amongst others.
A committed father and husband, passionate leader, prolific traveller and a true champion of innovation, Rob’s professional focus is to design and deliver exceptional living experiences for students at scale. A creative superpower, he is able to always prioritise the end customer journey, and regularly seeks inspiration and best practices from well beyond the student accommodation industry.
About Collegiate AC
Collegiate Accommodation Collection is an operator and manager of student accommodation. Collegiate UK creates home from homes for over 10,000 students across the United Kingdom working in partnership with investors, developers, universities and stakeholders. For more information please visit: www.collegiate-ac.com
In this episode Rob shares:
- His journey from working in 4 and 5 star hotels in Australia to running an award-winning PBSA operator in Europe
- Why he sees so much untapped opportunity in professionalising the student accommodation sector
- The challenges of leading a life that’s split between UK and Australia
- Scaling Collegiate from 3,000 beds to 10,000+ during the pandemic, and the various challenges that’s posed
- How he’s adopting business intelligence tools to become more data-led as a business
- What the future of university education looks like – on campus or online?
- His vision for a single, integrated platform that holistically solves PBSA management and offers students a “one click experience”
About Real Estate: 20/20 Vision
Real Estate: 20/20 Vision is a podcast composed of 1-on-1 interviews sharing the lives, careers, experiences and professional wisdom of the industry leaders and innovators shaping the future of residential real estate. The show is hosted by Guy Westlake, founder of Lavanda.
Tune in and subscribe on: